Grabbing a User Tag as a variable

Hi, I don’t seem to be able to find information on this particular topic online so I thought I would try it here. I was trying to make it so that when a specific player joins my VR chat world, an action is performed. In order to do this though, I need to grab the player tag when they join. Is there any way to actually do this? (Sorry if this is stupid, I’m quite new to this and don’t know much on the topic)

I was trying to make it so that when a specific player joins my VR chat world, an action is performed.

It sounds like what you want is the player’s unique identifier. Is that what you meant by “player tag”? If so, what you’re looking for is VRCPlayerApi.displayName!

Right now in VRChat, a player’s display name is their only unique identifier. Be aware that players can still change their name once every 3 months. Also be aware that, while performing benign actions on specific players is OK, any kind of targeting or abusing specific players risks being a violation of the Terms of Service.

image|462x234

1 Like

Yes, this is exactly what looking for! I wasn’t sure what term to properly use so I just decided to go with player tag and see if anyone understood what the heck I was talking about. Thank you so much for your help!