Feet fly out from under me if rescaling avatar

I want to make my avatar look a bit more portly. The avatar’s current scale is 1:1:!, and I tried to set it to X1.2 Y1 Z1.2 to make it a bit wider and deeper while keeping the same height to get that effect.

I also adjusted the Z view position forward by a factor of 1.2 to get the right view point for the new dimensions.

It works fine in desktop mode, I can run around and all is well. In VR mode, however, I run for 2-3 seconds, then suddenly my entire body lifts off the ground and I flop about with my feet forwards while running (or backwards/sideways, depending on which direction I run to).

Here is a picture what that looks like if I am running backwards, for example:

Did some experimenting, and the X scaling alone doesn’t seem to be an issue, it’s the Z scaling that seems to cause this problem, and I am not sure why this happens or how to fix this.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Did you manage to fix this issue? I’m also having the same issue with my avatar and I’m not able to determine what is happening. Desktop mode it’s perfect but VR mode my legs start flying same as yours. If I set a specific height (not an inch higher or lower) then this issue doesn’t happen but that doesn’t really “fix” the issue.

No, sorry, never got any responses and I just ended up redoing the mesh instead of rescaling within Unity.