What is it?
Sky Rings started off as a playground for testing personal things but quickly turned into a small competition map of collecting rings in the sky.
The Map currently includes:
- Personalized colors that players can pick for themselves and show off to others.
- Rings that display the player’s name and color when captured.
- Synchronized score counting.
- Combo counting if you fly through the rings fast enough.
- Thrusters with varying power levels that you can use to fly around.
- Placeholder graphics!
When spawning in, you're met with the player color picker. You can use the color sliders or available color presets to get your desired color that you want to show off to the world.
After being satisfied with your color or just simply letting it be what it is, the thrusters are located in the middle of the spawn platform with an instructions button next to them.
To fly properly, you want to pick up one for each hand. Any rotation works, but it's suggested to aim the wider part downwards for the Ironman style of flight.
After you get the hang of that, you're ready to capture some rings and show others how you dominate the skies with your color!
If you're fast enough, you'll even score some combos!
In case you don't want to see your score and speed displayed in front of you, you can toggle the HUD by clicking behind your head or pressing E on desktop.
Remember: Never go full power, small thrusts will keep the flight accurate.
There's a lot possibilities I want to create but some of them are:
- Actual graphics and bigger environment. (Though I love the cubes.)
- Scoreboard that shows current instance’s top players.
- Synchronized time challenges of who can collect the most points within a limited time.
- More personalization like player specific thrusters and secondary colors.
- Proper flight for desktop users