Can't join uploaded world, System Exception

Hello, I recently made a world in Unity 2018.4.28f1

It seems to work fine when I do a local test but we decided we want to take a look at it together,
I built the world and did the steps in uploading the world and it was successful, the only problem is,
even I cannot join it either with a private or a friends only instance. I’ve checked the logs and this is
the lines that precede before forcing me to go back to the home world as I was joining.

Usually this is caused by the wrong unity version or console errors during the build:

For the errors, open Unity and click the Console tab and look for any red ! errors and fix them. (Usually it’ll reference some script that is misbehaving that you would need to delete or fix the code for yourself)

1 Like

Thanks for the reply!

Do I really have to use the EXACT version? Cause there isn’t the exact version in the Unity Hub, it’s only either 2018.4.28f1, 2019.4.12f1 and 2020.1.9f1

As for the console, I’ll check to see if there are other errors and come back to you!

Have a great day

@zynna31 Yes, you need to use exactly 2018.4.20f1, you can download it from here: https://unity3d.com/unity/whats-new/2018.4.20

hey, did you load in the refab version included in the sdk? I did and realized that it got a default world ID that will try to update but you cannot create a world with the same ID so I had to remove it. I just don’t remember where I found it but it might help you.